- Apr. 17th – Release of Medieval Light, another song from the upcoming album.
- Feb. 23rd – Release of “TV or not TV” – one of the 10 compositions which will be featured on our next album “New Target” – to be released before Fall, this year.
- Dec. 24th – To all our friends: Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! and a healthy New Year!
- Nov. 15th – we played our medieval repertoire in Newport Beach, at Dehesa school. More…
- Oct. 20th – after a busy summer, an incognito trip to east Europe, and a painful back-to-school – CMB has started working on a new album. The release date should be sometime in the middle of next year.
- Jul. 23 – We have played a show at OCFair in Costa Mesa, on Meadows Stage. More info…
- July 14th – Release of two new covers Route 66 and All Along the Watchtower (Dylan, Hendrix).
- Jun. 11 – We have played the SanDiego Fair show on the Albertson’s stage.
- Jun. 4 – Our first show this year – on Sat. June 4, 1:30 PM – at the “Something For Everyone” donations fundraising event on behalf of the school-children at Daly Academy, Bonita – California. Address: 4300 Allen School Lane Bonita, CA 91902.
We’ll present our ‘History of Rock’ repertoire (15 songs) which will include, prime-time, 5 new covers (“Route 66”, “Train kept a rollin”, etc).
- March 2 – Release of the official video “End-of-Road”.
- Jan. 6 – An unexpected viral on Facebook – somebody posted our old Sonne video and the number of viewers exploded – more than 10 millions in 3 days! Thanks to this situation, now we have a few more fans. More…
- Dec. 18th, 2015 – We have finally done a cover of Stranglers, one of our favorite bands: Threatened…
- Oct. 17-18th, 2015, we have played 5 shows at the Medieval Jousting Fair (Tournament of Phoenix) in Poway, California. Besides 10 medieval instrumentals, CMB have played an acoustic version of Rosenrot.
- On Sep. 19th, 10 AM, CMB kids have played a 50 min show at the Mira Mesa Fair. Also on the same day, a gig at the USACD Convention in Palm Springs. More…
- July 20th – Searching for Children Medieval Band on Spotify will reveal several songs from our album: End-of-Road, Crashed Van, Treasure Underground, Ice Scream, Wolves and CMB March.
- June 27th – a very good show at San Diego Fair. History of rock songs with several new covers (mersey-beat period), plus a couple of our own songs. Here is the playlist…
- April 30th – Our first album has been released today at 11 PM California time. Mostly to keep a promise. We tried to improve on the sound until the very last minute. Now we close this project, publish it and move on. More: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2015/04/30/treasure-underground-bad-and-better/
- March 20th – Release of our first single, available here: http://www.nimbitmusic.com/childrenmedievalband. It contains two songs “Treasure Underground” and “Crashed Van”. The complete album will be released sometimes before the end of April.
- Regarding our album, we are struggling with production issues. Trying hard to get it done before the end of this month. Meanwhile, we are already booked for two shows: San Diego Fair (sometimes in June) and Costa Mesa (sometimes in July). Exact dates will be announced.
- Feb. 2, 2015 – Release of a promotional video featuring the song “Treasure Underground” – intended to advertise our upcoming album.
- Bad news! Unfortunately we have to postpone again the release of our album. After more than one month of bad cough – because of that we couldn’t finish some vocal recording – now Stefan has suffered an accident during a football game – broken clavicle which requires surgery. We’ll try to finish the album by end of February and final mastering will be done sometimes in March.
- Due to the busy schedule of summer live shows, now the holidays and also some flu – we had to postpone the release of our first album to the end of January 2015. Until then, one of our compositions recorded live last summer: Ice-Scream
- November 22nd, 2014 – release of “Dance the Night Away” cover by Cream. In memory of Jack Bruce.
- November 10th, 2014 – Stefan (12 yo) makes a last attempt to promote his band by playing on 12 instruments!
- October 19th, 2014 – CMB played for 1 hr at the Escondido Faire. More…
- On September 13th, 2014. Show: Once In A Lifetime Tour with several bands participating.
Venue: “Across the Street” at Mueller College, San Diego, California.
CMB have played 10 songs, all from their upcoming album. Some videos on this post: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/across-the-street/
- Upcoming concerts:
1. September 13th, Saturday, at 7 PM. Show: Once In A Lifetime Tour with several bands participating.
Location: “Across the Street” at Mueller College, 4607 Park Blvd, San Diego
CMB will present their upcoming album (10 songs). Tickets available here: http://cmb3.whindo.com
2. September 20th, Saturday, at 1 PM.
Location: Mira Mesa Fair. Mira Mesa Blvd and Camino Ruiz St, San Diego
3. Oct. 19, 1PM, Grand Ave, Escondido, CA (not sure yet)
- On July 17, 2014, Children Medieval Band rocked the house at Orange County Fair, in Costa Mesa, California. The repertoire contained a certain selection of 12 songs from rock history timeline, ending with two CMB compositions. More than 100 people attended this show. The kids’ performance was top, but our curse of bad recordings is still with us. Here is a vid with poor audio of the two songs from the upcoming album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Jnlc6PPQA.
Also three songs starting the show.
- June 14, 2014 – CMB kids played their ‘History of Rock’ 15 songs at San Diego Fair. Same as last year, about 200 people, all ages, most of them never heard of CMB before, stopped to watch the show and were very impressed. Some of the videos made there: Problems, 7 Nations Army and MorningLight.
- CMB kids are working hard these days on an ambitious project: their first album, which will contain probably about 8-10 compositions. The release date is end of August. The main problem we are facing is the sound recording and mixing quality. But we think the songs are quite interesting, combining elements of medieval, classic rock and of course some R+ flavor. A rough demo can be listened to here: https://soundcloud.com/children-medieval-band/end-of-the-road
- March 22, 2014 – Release of a three songs package titled “Our Own Talent Show“. Most notable, Olga’s rendition of “There’s Something Going On”.
- March 1, 2014 – A commercial TV advertising, related to Beatles 50th anniversary, is showing the CMB kids, playing for a few seconds the FromMeToYou cover: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7BYM/apple-records-the-beatles-50th-anniversary
- Feb. 4, 2014 – Art Fischman completed a nice and powerful video for our “Morning Light”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2yfgYMh9oU
- Nov. 24, 2013 – release of “Morning Light” home video – a classy remake after Morgenstern by Rammstein. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOMVTLKXao. Interesting lyrics.
- Oct. 20, 2013 – this Sunday, bet. 12:40 – 1:45, CMB played their “History of Rock” repertoire for 1 hour at the Escondido Fair: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/concert-at-escondido-faire/.
- Oct. 4, 2013 – Battle of the Bands. Children Medieval Band played six of their covers at the Queen Bee’s Art Center in San Diego, California. More info: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/battle-of-the-bands-in-san-diego/
- Sept. 21, 2013 – A very interesting day. CMB performed two different shows: first a 45 minutes set (“Short history of Rock”) with songs from 50s to present at the Mira Mesa Fair, and after that later in the evening a Rammstein tribute concert at the Epicentre club. A tiring but really succesful day. The kids proved once again their uncanny musical flexibility. Not to forget that one month ago they had played 12 medieval songs at the Big Bear Renaissance Fair.
More info: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/upcoming-show-at-epicentre-san-diego/
- Aug. 19, 2013 – Children Medieval Band have played their medieval repertoire at the Big Bear Renaissance Faire, on Aug. 17th & 18th. Each day they performed 3 times.
More here: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/big-bear-faire-2013/
Info about the Big Bear Faire: www.bbvrsinc.org
- July 1, 2013
Last night, at the San Diego Fair, CMB performed a 15 (!) songs concert. No CMB fans were present, the whole fair were a too crowded place and difficult to reach, but the people which happened to be around were profoundly surprised. They had never heard of Children Medieval Band, not even of Rammstein (which the kids played five covers at the end), but they cheered and applauded warmly after each song.
Click for more info…
- On June 30th, bet. 6-7PM, at San Diego Fair – Infield Stage, the CMB kids are scheduled to perform a full 1 hour concert, presenting ‘A Short History of Rock’ with songs from Ventures to Rammstein.
More info about this fair: http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=info.general_info
The map (Infield Stage in spot 20): http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=transportation.map
- May 26, 2013 – Release of Purple Haze, by Hendrix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtiJoGB5zQk
This song is part of our study on the rock history. Out of the late 60’s era we selected a Jimi Hendrix song as most relevant. A tribute to this great artist who passed away at the end of that period.
Art Fischmann released a psychedelic version of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSrIWPfOEqM
- CMB joined the ‘battle of the bands’ online. If you like our band’s style please click the ‘Vote’ button here: http://www.battleofthebands.com/u/cmband.
- A few days ago the kids were invited to play one song only for a church congregation in Rancho Bernardo, California. They played LoveMeDo by Beatles, with acoustic instruments (violin instead of keyboard). The video is of poor quality – so it’s not posted publicly – but it’s still interesting as one of the rare live shows they are being offered to perform: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7Z4P4_UbM
- Apr. 29, 2013 – A remixed and post-edited video of CMB’s Alter Mann cover has been released by Art Fischman from Johnson Administration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm7bSOtoXdE
- Apr. 11, 2013 – opened a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/childrenmediev
If you have a twitter account, follow us and you’ll receive news updates instantly.
- Apr. 5, 2013 – Time for another Rammstein cover – we release Alter Mann with English lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwC-UWgBxUw. This is our best cover so far.
Also a shorter version of ‘Call of Vikings’ played live at Ventura Faire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvRwzNeXQiw
- Feb. 8, 2013 – CMB is scheduled to play their medieval repertoire at the Italian Renaissance Faire in Ventura, California, on Sat. Feb. 9 (12:15 PM & 3:15 PM) and Sun. Feb. 10 (1:00 PM). http://www.carnevaleventura.org/renaissance-faire/
UPDATE – The audience was very pleased by the CMB performance.
Watch CMB performing in Ventura…
- Jan. 27, 2013 – offering for sale a CD containing 7 medieval songs (the audio part extracted from our youtube medieval music videos).
- Jan. 16, 2013 – new release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YcGWd-EL9Q – a great remake of a great forgotten song – ‘There’s A Place’ by Beatles.
Also the kids started working on two more R+ covers, and one composition. All to be released before June, if everything goes well.
- Dec. 25, 2012 – new release on youtube: “Walk Don’t Run” cover
An interesting remake, with a touch of originality.
- Dec. 14, 2012 – CMB played two carols at San Bernardo Christmas Show, CA
- Nov. 3-4 – For Southern California residents, it might be of interest to know that CMB is going to play at the Renaissance Festival in Escondido, on 11/3-11/4. We are going to play our medieval repertoire only – 8 songs. Three shows everyday (10 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM).
- UPDATE – Several video recordings from this Fair: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/medieval-music-shows-in-southern-california-i/
Besides the medieval songs the kids played also an interesting unplugged acoustic rendition of “Ich Will’ by Rammstein (can be viewed on the link above).
- Oct. 26, 2012 – new releases on youtube:
– Donaukinder (by Rammstein)
– Pavane (by A. Holborne) and Volta (by Stefan)
- Sept.23, 2012 – new releases on youtube:
– Tourdion – live
– From Me To You (by Beatles)
– 7 Nation Army (by White Stripes)
As usual, the recording quality is not the best. Hopefully one day we’ll afford a professional recording studio.
A new Rammstein song cover will probably be released sometimes in October.
- Aug. 30 – The kids are working on several new cover songs and a couple of compositions. At least two covers will be released on youtube and on this site by the end of September 2012.
- August 11 & 18 Medieval music shows in South California.
The kids have been invited to play their Medieval music repertoire at the Renaissance Fair in Big Bear City, California.
Their show will be at 10:30 AM and probably two more times during the same day, on Saturday, Aug. 11 and the following Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012.
For those living in the Southern California area it might be a nice event to attend. Here is the link to the Renaissance Fair site:
UPDATE: several videos of CMB at this fair are here: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/news/
- May 20, 2012 – The Rammstein team has noticed the CMB videos on youtube and were impressed. So they reacted as the great artists they are: on May 20th 2012, the kids from Children Medieval Band played live as an opening act for the Rammstein showin Denver – Colorado, at the Coliseum. They played two songs: “Ich Will” and “Sonne”. The audience was very friendly. For the kids this was a memorable evening. Our video of the event is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HfTMwQo_w
We would like to thank the Rammstein band members for their great gesture of inviting Children Medieval Band to play on their stage.
>More on this here: https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/meet-rammstein/