Huzzah! Finally, our album is done.
In a few days we’ll celebrate 4 years since CMB has formed and we thought it’s a good time to release our own compositions.
It’s been a very long and difficult journey, struggling with the recording and mixing, but we think it contains good taste musical ideas and great lyrics.
The truth is we are not so crazy about the quality of the sound. It’s under the standard of a professional album, and we simply consider it as “100% homemade”. But still, we are confident this is a good thing and we hope you will appreciate the efforts put into this.
We expect some criticism, but we are aware of all issues, and have already rated ourselves, on a scale of 1-10:
- Recording – 2 (due to low budget equipment)
- Mixing – 4 (inexperience)
- Mastering – 5 (except three songs done by others: Mark Aviles and ADG Mastering)
- Performance – 7
- Lyrics – 9 (all of us worked really hard and contributed in different ways – other details to follow)
- Originality & non-conventional – 10
- Avoidance of FE (frivolous-evil) – 10
Reviews from Amazon:
These kids have made a genuine effort to find their own voice and as a result ten emotionally rich songs have been created. I cannot wait to hear their upcoming releases.
By Oscar on January 8, 2016
It’s creative, inventive and sounds solid. I would’ve killed to put out a record this good when i was 13. These kids have got something special Can’t wait to see where these kids are in 10 years.
by Jonathan Webb on January 8, 2016
(some wordpress ad may follow)